This is my second try making Pavlova. My "customers" said, it's just getting better and better. Perfect encouragement for me to make another one this coming holidays.
You Persuade People Through Emotion
You hate to admit it, but people make decisions with their hearts. Their heads don't play much role in the equation. So even though you are cool headed, you know you have to be warm hearted in order to convince people you're right. You craft your words carefully. You speak to inspire, motivate, and stir up emotions. You know that once someone wants to be on your side, they'll figure out their own reasons for why.
Preparation time: 15 to 30 minutesOur national dessert...crisp meringue outside with a soft marshmallow centre.
Ingredients4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
2 teaspoons cornflour
1. In small electric mixer bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Add sugar, lemon juice and sifted cornflour and beat until stiff and glossy (at least 10 minutes).
3. Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Pile meringue onto paper and shape into a large circle, leaving the centre slightly hollowed.
5. Bake in at 130°C for 1½ hours or until crisp on the outside.
6. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
7. Decorate with whipped cream and fruit in season.
Recipe notesA lemon filling, which uses the egg yolks, makes a nice alternative to whipped cream.